[jcifs] Sun's Extended Filesystem & jCIFS.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Aug 28 03:49:50 EST 2002

Just a quick question for the list.  I note that on Sun's web page for
the Java Extended Filesystem API they mention CIFS:

                         Extended Filesystem
                             Architecture
                           Java Application
                           com.sun.xfile.*
                       nfs: native: file: cifs:

It's just in a table in the middle of the doc, and there's no other
reference on that page.  I'm just curious if anyone knows if there's
anything more to that.  It would be interesting if Sun were to adopt
jCIFS...

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org

  "...what Microsoft has got in there is a grotesque, badly-documented
   pile of poo it doesn't fully understand itself."    -- The Register
                         http://theregister.co.uk/content/4/26803.html