[jcifs] Performing Only Password Authentication against a Domain

Pope, Tony Tony.Pope at divine.com
Tue Aug 27 04:27:36 EST 2002

Nick,

Actually, it isn't even necessary to create the share.  If you simply attempt to check the existence of a share that does not exist, the first thing jcifs does is still attempt to authenticate the username and password it is provided.  If that fails, you will get an Access denied error:  if the credentials are ok, you will get a return value of false on the existence check.

This eliminates the need to create a share, and can work against domains without any knowledge of the shares available.

Tony