[jcifs] Recursive Deletes

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Aug 23 14:08:53 EST 2002

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 11:45:38PM -0400, Allen, Michael B (RSCH) wrote:
> Nope. If you ask me the whole protocol is a scam to waste bandwidth. It's not
> good for business if your servers are efficient.

Witness SMB_COM_COPY (or the lack thereof).  Most server-folk I've talked
to don't implement that SMB because the clients (Windows clients, that
is) don't use it.

> You can get a free count of the disk with freeDiskSpace (err, maybe I should
> have called that getFreeDiskSpace). But not of a particular sub directory.

How 'bout getDiskFreeSpace?

Okay, on the NetworkExploider thing...  It does seem that you have a
hard-coded URL in the file.  I can't remove and recompile as I don't seem
to have the servlet.jar that I need.  That, and there are a few errors
against other classes including:

symbol  : class Log
location: package util
jcifs.util.Log.printHexDump( "type-1-message", src );
          ^
src/jcifs/http/NtlmHttpSession.java:88: cannot resolve symbol

Despite the fact that I can look at jcifs/util/Log.java and see that
printHexDump() is there.  I must be doing something wrong with that...

Hmmm....

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org