[jcifs] Small issues with 0.7.0b2

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Aug 23 13:44:09 EST 2002

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:57:56PM -0400, Allen, Michael B (RSCH) wrote:
:
> Wow, that was fast. Just put the jcifs jar in resin-xxx/lib and add that
> XML stuff in the doc to the resin-xxx/conf/resin.conf. That's what I did
> anyway. In fact I'll attach my config. This is set for running with
> Mozilla and the url to point your browser at to look at
> smb://miallen2/pub would be like:
>
> http://mymachine:8080/examples/basic/servlet/NetworkExplorer/miallen2/pub

Of interest...  If I leave off the share name and directory (that is, end
with "NetworkExplorer") I get:

  Unknown host: ..__MSBROWSE__.<01>

Also:  The test fails.  For some reason (perhaps I need the filter?) all
of the shares are presented as URLs pointing to machine
"miallen3.wfd.nyc.us.ml.com:8080"  :)
Digging into the Jar file, I find:

TYLE>^A^@M<BASE
HREF="http://miallen3.wfd.nyc.us.ml.com:8080/examples/basic/serv

So you've got your URL hard-coded in the jar somewhere.  Must be in the
source...  Yep, here it is:

$ grep miallen3 */*
http/NetworkExplorer.java:		out.println( "<BASE
HREF=\"http://miallen3.wfd.nyc.us.ml.com:8080/examples/basic/servlet/\"/>"
);

I don't know enough XML to know how to fix this...

Send clues.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org