[jcifs] Small issues with 0.7.0b2

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Fri Aug 23 12:37:42 EST 2002

	There are two modes of operation. The more interesting one is to enable NTLM HTTP
	Authentication. MSIE users (not Mozilla) will be able to connect to your machine and
	then "explore" the entire network using the creds they negotiated via NTLM HTTP Auth.

	If you just want to show it off on your local machine with Mozilla, you can comment out
	the "filter-mapping" and explicity specify a domain/user/pass. Note however that users
	will be able to connecto to your machine and "explore the net with *your* creds. Oops.

> Is there any chance that someone could make a system available over the
> 'net?  How unsafe is that?

	Not unsafe really but someone would have to expose their files. Also, MSIE will not
	egotiate NTLM HTTP Authentication over the "Internet" and with good reason. See
	Jasons recent message about that.