[jcifs] SmbSession.matches

Manfred Huberbauer made at gmx.at
Wed Aug 21 00:31:30 EST 2002

Hi

I tested your Library on Tomcat for an Internet-Authentification with
Netscape or Konqueror. Tomcat often returned a NullPointerException and pointed at
the function SmbSession.matches().
In this function you do some tests, but I think, you forgot to test, if all
of them are null. You just test, if one of two is null. Therefore I added a
line, which consideres that.
My matches lookes like this:

boolean matches( NtlmPasswordAuthentication auth, byte[] challenge ) {
        return (auth.domain != null && auth.username != null) &&
               (this.auth.domain == null || auth.domain.equals(
this.auth.domain )) &&
               (this.auth.username == null || auth.username.equals(
this.auth.username )) &&
               this.auth.hashEquals( auth.getUnicodeHash( challenge ),
challenge );
}

It doesn't bother if this.auth.domain or this.auth.username are null, but it
works.

Yours
Manfred Madritsch

http://www.gmx.net