[jcifs] RE: Authentication: NTLM

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Thu Aug 15 18:59:36 EST 2002

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:38:32 -0500
"skeetz" <skeetz at 8thdeadlysim.com> wrote:

> NEED TO MOVE PARAMETERS FROM CONFIG FILE TO INIT PARAMS

Ok,  I  have  looked  at  your code and the servlet docs. I think I get the
idea.  I  made  a  jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter  which  is  a  merger  of your
LoginFilter and NtlmHttpAuthenticator (little simpler). The NtlmHttpSession
still  exists  and  will need to be available as an attribute for those who
wish  to  access  SMB  reasources (e.g. list directories or download files)
with the provided creds.

As for init-params, I just enumerate all of them in init() and put the ones
that start with 'jcifs.' into jcifs.Config. That makes every jCIFS property
an init-param.

The one problem with the login Filter is how to communicate error messages.
How  are  you  supposed  to  indicate  to  the client that the login failed
because  of  one  of 5 different SmbAuthException.getMessage() reasons? The
doFilter method is called by the container.

Will handle the POST issue next.