[jcifs] Preserve lastModified TIME

andy chernow achernow at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 13:13:58 EST 2002

Just curious if there is a way to preserve the
lastModified time of a local file when transporting it
to a Samba or NT Server.  Is there such a Flag within
the protocol?

I searched through some of the ServerMessageBlock
sub-classes and only found mention of file times
within a response packet, SmbComNTCreateAndXResponse.
I looked in SmbComNTCreateAndX and noticed that within
the writeParameterWordsWireFormat method, the filetime
attributes are not sent.  I am not very familiar with
the SMB protocol so I guess I am curious if this can
be done?  If it can and jcifs currently doesn't
support preserving filetimes, I will try to implement
it myself.  Just don't want to go at something the
protocol doesn't support.

I basically only need to preserve the lastModified
time when creating a new file on server.   Currently
when I transfer a file to the server, it's
lastModified time is the time in which it was written.

I am shooting for some incremental functionality.

/sLaKr