[jcifs] indexing a file system using jcifs

Tait Larson larsonte at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 9 04:10:39 EST 2002

The company I work for has a very large very
unorganized windows based file server where it keeps
most of it's important documents.  I've been
considering writing a indexer/classifer to provider
easier access to the documents.  I'm was hoping to use
jcifs to feed all the docs in the shared file system
to the indexer.

First off, I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Does
anyone know if this type of solution already exists?

I need to be very careful not to crash the file system
or engage too many of the file system resources at one
time (think accidental DOS).  As long as I don't
create too many symmultaneous connections to the file
system this shouldn't be a problem, correct?  Does
anyone have any other comments on my concerns?

Thanks for your help.

Tait