[jcifs] jCIFS NTLM HTTP Authentication Hangup

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Mon Aug 5 18:07:53 EST 2002

Does  anyone  have  a  Netmon  or  Ethereal  packet  capture  of  NTLM HTTP
authentication? I'm trying to get NTLM HTTP Auth to work with jCIFS but I'm
not  provoking  IE  4.72  on  NTsp3 to send the type-3-message. I think I'm
sending inappropriate headers. Attached is a pcap of an NtlmHttpAuthExample
Java  servlet  invoking the jcifs.http.NtlmHttpSession logon() method. Both
of those files and a jCIFS log file are attached too. If someone could give
me some direction here I'd appreciate it.

Jason,

I  did  not use your code for reasons that will be obvious when you look at
the attached source. Also, I don't see why it should be necessary to modify
Tomcat.  This  code  should  not be specific to any container. Can you help
enlighten  me  as  to  why you did it the way you did? Do you know what I'm
doing wrong?

Thanks,

A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are
conceptually  similar and more importantly to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.