[jcifs] Re: unicode library

Michael B. Allen mballen at erols.com
Wed Sep 26 09:11:51 EST 2001

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 03:24:46AM +0200, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> yesss :)
>
> libunicode on sourceforge _is_ wchar_t :)
>
> yesss :)

I don't understand. You suggested in a previous message that you preferred
unicode16 to unicode32. glibc's wchar_t is 4 bytes (at least on my RH
6.2 i386 it is). So do you like whcar_t or no?

Nonetheless, that library looks interesting. What is the benifit to
whcar_t though? Is it just space requirements because they use a 16
bit Uchar?

And is all of this 16bit vs. 32bit stuff really that big of a
deal? Something like an SMB server doesn't use strings enough to warrent
concern does it? Basically, we're talking about path names, username,
and a few other trivialities riht?