[jcifs] SmbException Supercedes boolean?

Rob Wygand rob at wygand.com
Tue Oct 30 10:50:17 EST 2001

James Nord wrote:

> I personally don't want to have to be forced write a hell of a lot of
> ugly error handling code if  *my* app doesn't care.
> Sure - if app XYZ wants that info it should be able to get it easily as
> well ;-)

That's what makes an error handler attractive to me. jCIFS could ship
with a default error handler that did nothing, but users of the API
could extend said error handler to do whatever they needed. In that way
you'd have complete customization on a per-project basis (or maybe even
per-operation basis).