[jcifs] Some additions to SmbFile.java

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Thu Oct 18 00:03:22 EST 2001

Since there already is a isWorkgroup method in SmbFile.java, I suggest to
add the following:

/**
 * Tests to see if the file this <code>SmbFile</code> represents is a Share.
 *
 */

    public boolean isShare() {
            if (this.exists() && this.isDirectory() ) {
                 if  ( url.share != null)
                    return true;
            }
            return false;
    }

/**
 * Tests to see if the file this <code>SmbFile</code> represents is a
Server.
 *
 */

    public boolean isServer() {
            if (this.exists() && this.isDirectory() ) {
                if  ( url.share == null && url.server != null)
                    return true;
            }
            return false;
    }

Be aware that a share and a server remain to respond positive to
.isDirectory() as they do in the current implementation
Maybe that should be changed aswell. That would obviously affect the above
methods, in that isDirectory() should have to be negative.

I personally need this because I'm building a client and I use graphics in
my listing to represent the kind of service I'm listing.

DJ
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman
ICQnr: 10111559