[jcifs] jCIFS and Share name length?

rjw rob at wygand.com
Fri Nov 16 10:16:10 EST 2001

Mike,

With the URL encoding/decoding fix I made, spaces work just great.

But I'm poking around with share name length. What I'm seeing is that
jCIFS doesn't even seem to get a response back containing the long share
names... it looks like Windows NT is preventing us from seeing them...

I'm wondering if we need to set a header field differently to masquerade
as something capable of seeing longer sharenames...

rjw