[jcifs] jCIFS and Share name length?

rjw rob at wygand.com
Thu Nov 15 11:36:26 EST 2001

Actually, Samba appears to be 13 chars. jCIFS appears to be 16. My guess
is that this snippet might code might have soemthing to do with it:

jcifs.nbt.Name.writeWireFormat:

// write name
name = ( name.length() > 15 ) ?
	name.substring( 0, 15 ).toUpperCase() :
	name.toUpperCase();

I don't think this wouldn't explain why a browse would not return those
shares, though... I'm going to keep poking around.

rjw