[jcifs] Calling length on open file chokes

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Fri Dec 14 11:35:33 EST 2001

Mmm. I thought this would go away with the shareAccess change in SmbComNTCreateAndX. Unfourtunately this particular file is opened by the Win32 Kernel which I guess uses a very restrictive
ShareAccess. The SMB_COM_QUERY_INFORMATION command is correctly getting the "File is being accessed by another process". smbclient uses the Trans2FindFirst2/Next2 commands. I'll see if there's a way
to handle this a little more elegantly but I don't think so. Technically the "file is being accessed by another processes" business is correct; you shouldn't be querying that file. This is another yet
another reason to implement listFiles().

Mike