[jcifs] Detecting amount of network cards on your machine..

J.Sugrue at pilz.ie J.Sugrue at pilz.ie
Tue Dec 11 03:46:53 EST 2001

hi.

This may be a stupid question, but it would be useful to know the answer.

I use SmbCrawler to check the names of machines on the same domain that I
am on.
However, my machine has 2 network cards, one which is not connected to the
network.
 This is slowing it all down a lot (a machine with 1 network card works
fine).
Is there any way of getting JCIFS to find out if a n/w card is not
connected, and if it isn't to ignore that card totally, and just use the
one that is connected to the network.

thanks for your help.

Best regards

James Sugrue