[jcifs] About the long crawling time again...

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Fri Aug 3 06:46:27 EST 2001

This depends on a lot of things Torgny. It's very hard for me to tell whats going on
without looking at your code. If you call exists() then, yes, obviously it should
return an accurate value for that particular moment in time. However, if you make
this test and then put the URL into a list that might not be traversed again for some
time then it might produce some funky results because the Transport object will
disconnect but still exist and I don't think it goes through all the hula-hoops to
reconnect. There are alot of other factors to consider too. For example, are you
using IP addresses as opposed to host names? Are you messing with any properties
like retryTimeouts, soTimeouts, retryCounts, etc? Are you still using your WINS ip
for baddr? Does the ThreadedSmbCrawler produce these exceptions?

Mike