[distcc] Project Planning

Thomas A. F. Thorne tafthorne at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:49:51 UTC 2016

On 08/10/16 13:50, Anders Björklund wrote:
> I suppose you want to do some 3.3 releases from master, at some point.
> But tagging the 3.2rc1 and doing some 3.2.x release would be a start ?
Sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

> The suggestion was to do the branch-out of 3.2-maint _before_ changing
> from python to python3.

This also sounds sensible.  There are 74 issues currenlty on the git site of the project.  There have been a lot of changes since the 3.1 release we have tagged so drawing a line in the sand my kicking off a 3.2 release would be a good start.

We can deside which issues are enhancments and bugs.  Which are high, medium or low priority.  Then make a commitment to try and fix the high priority bugs on the 3.2 maintenace line which will be maintained for Python 2 for now.

Following that we can decide if we want to try and support Python 2 & Python 3 or just Python 3 in the 3.3 and onwards releases.  I know that Ubuntu and a few other systems are swtiching of ther 3 being the default.

Regards, Tom