[distcc] Restrict Distcc over SSH (command parameter)

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Nov 17 11:51:47 MST 2014

Hi, Sebastian,

I don't recall the exact command, but it's probably going to be `distccd
--inet ...something...`. You might be able to see it in the distcc verbose
log.

Being able to restrict the command would be good.

However the main problem with this approach is that distccd in turn
executes a client-supplied command, and it at the moment doesn't have a way
to limit that.

Two complementary things we could do:
- run distcc within a chroot/container that contains only the compiler -
ideally, provide a reusable way for other people to set this up - at least
documentation, maybe a script
- give distccd restrictions on what commands it can run