[distcc] Restrict Distcc over SSH (command parameter)

Sebastian Wieseler sebastian at nanofortnight.org
Sun Nov 9 08:17:17 MST 2014

Hello Distcc List,

I followed the guide http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Distcc to get Distcc to work with SSH.
That should work as followed:
	/usr/bin/distcc-config --set-hosts "@test1"

I just wondering how to limit the portage user to get a real SSH shell on the "compiling box".
There should be a way with the .authorized_keys and the command="…" parameter for the SSH key.

What command will be exactly executed on the remote host within the distcc call?
To just specify command="/usr/bin/distcc" does not work for example.

Is there a way to make this even more secure? I couldn't find any information on this on the web.
Thanks for helping.

Best Regards,
Sebastian 'kickino'
--
 ((_/)o o(\_))          \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign