[distcc] Distcc pump mode

yudhistir reddy yudhistir.reddy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 07:29:06 MDT 2014

# May need to override this (eg. for logging)
exec_cmd() {
    exec "$@"
}

# This is my official name
MYNAME=mk

Mydir=`dirname $0`

# for customization
unset mk_cmd_hooks mk_setup_hooks mk_finish_hooks

# override this for more complex requirements
mk_target_machine() {
    MACHINE=$1
    export MACHINE
}

. $Mydir/sb-env.sh

# for backwards compatability
mk_cmd_hook() { :; }
add_hooks mk_cmd_hooks mk_cmd_hook

run_hooks mk_setup_hooks
run_hooks mk_cmd_hooks
run_hooks mk_cmd_hooks_lifo LIFO
run_hooks mk_finish_hooks

# we generally cannot afford to consume the command line
# since virtually any option might be for $cmd
# but we'll make an exception for these
while :
do
    case "$1" in
    --) shift; break;;          # stop trying to interpret anything
    --doc) __doc;;              # does not return
    --help) __help;;            # does not return
    --machine) mk_target_machine $2; shift 2;;
    *) break;;
    esac
done

case $Myname in
mk|mk-*|*make)
        nice=${nice:-nice}
        cmd=${cmd:-${REAL_MAKE:-/usr/bin/make}};;
*)      cmd=${cmd:-$Myname.real};;
esac
# at last! do some work
exec_cmd $nice $cmd "$@"