[distcc] Distcc pump mode

yudhistir reddy yudhistir.reddy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 05:53:14 MDT 2014

Sorry for that , that was silly mistake by me .

Here is the use case , i did :

1. eval `pump --startup`
checked pump mode variables , i can see INCLUDE_SERVER_PORT set to
/tmp/distcc-pump.LIlIcs/socket

2. started build
mk kernel -j30 WITH_DISTCC=yes
Build finished with pump mode  ( But actually it is turing back to Normal
mode ) .
I see the warning messages in distcclog as like below

distcc[12968] Warning: INCLUDE_SERVER_PORT not set - did you forget to run
under 'pump'?
distcc[12968] (dcc_build_somewhere) Warning: failed to get includes from
include server, preprocessing locally

3. build finished
4. checked this variable INCLUDE_SERVER_PORT which is set to
/tmp/distcc-pump.LIlIcs/socket .

So through out build , INCLUDE_SERVER_PORT variable is set to
/tmp/distcc-pump.LIlIcs/socket .

But i donot know how , pump mode is not working and throwing those errors .

Regards
Yudhistir