[distcc] Problem with distcc and pump mode: failed to connect to unix-domain: Permission denied

Uwe Scholz nurfuernews at web.de
Mon Oct 14 13:41:49 MDT 2013

Hi Fergus,

thank you for your suggestion. Finally it led me to the solution because
I realized that emerge is run as the user "portage". Looking up the
words "pump portage userid" in google brought me to the man-page of
make.conf, gentoos main config file. And what did I found there? *aargh*

There exists the special FEATURE-keyword "distcc-pump", which has to be
activated in gentoo to be able to use pump mode. ... Okay ....!

I activated it in make.conf and finally the compilation in pump-mode
does not complain anymore. Jipieeeee!

Thanks,
Uwe