[distcc] distcc and ccache

Gmail kzjeef at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 02:52:13 MDT 2013

Hi

Don't know there is a better way or not, here is my understanding.

GNU make don't know what cc command it called, either disaccharide or ccache, so if you're calling a big -j,  it will create such number job according you make rules.
If you're using distcc and ccache in same time, there is no better way to make live well together.
So you either only using distcc with a big -j , or use a small -j with ccache.

Don't sure which is faster in your build env, make be you can do some compare in time.

- Jiejing -