[distcc] distcc & gdb

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Thu May 3 14:06:15 MDT 2012

> Is this FAQ item still true ?

It shouldn't be true if you are using pump mode and ELF binaries.  Distcc
post-processes the object files to fix up the source references.

As a workaround you can use the gdb directory command.

Otherwise you'll need to debug it...

Verify that it is due to distcc by running distccd locally and using your
hostname or IP on DISTCC_HOSTS (with ,cpp,lzo) - that ensures that you're
running the "remote" compiles on same host with same compiler.

Then try objdump -A --disassemble on object file and diff against object
file built locally.

--
Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>

"Defend the user, exclude no one, and create magic." -- Eric Schmidt.