[distcc] compiling with distcc on x86_64 from within a 32-bit chroot?
mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Jun 28 05:24:54 MDT 2011
I don't understand why you are setting CROSS_COMPILE; if your client
is i686 and it's reaching i686 compilers on the server it is not
really cross compilation.
I suggest you take smaller steps than trying to build a whole kernel(!)
* does the compiler work run directly (without distcc) on the client?
* does the compiler work run directly inside the server schroot?
* does it work run through the script from outside the schroot on the server?
* does it work building just one trivial C file over distcc?
* only then try to build a whole project
More information about the distcc