[distcc] Issue #36 patch

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Fri Oct 8 12:34:09 MDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Jeremy Murphy <
jeremy.william.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 September 2010 18:11, Jeremy Murphy <jeremy.william.murphy at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> On 10 September 2010 05:53, Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com> wrote:

>>> I've had a brief glance, but the only thing I learned from that is that
>>> this is a tricky issue and that a brief glance won't suffice.
>>>

>> Although my patch touches a lot of files, it essentially makes the same
>> few changes to a number of locations.
>> It's more complex than cheepero's patch because I didn't want to clobber
>> any data that might be useful.
>>

>> Did you see cheepero's response, with his patch?
>>> Can you comment on his patch?
>>>

>> A simpler patch such as cheepero's would be ideal, however, I just tested
>> it and it actually made things worse.  I'll get in touch directly with them
>> to convey the details.  Cheers.
>>

> After some discussion, cheepero agrees that my patch is the better idea.
> Someone else from Gentoo has tested it with success too.  I have uploaded an
> updated, tidier patch, so I would encourage everyone to test it out.  It
> doesn't affect anything other than state files, so there is minimal risk
> involved.

Just to close this thread: cheepero also tested Jeremey's updated patch, and
I reviewed it too, and it looked good to me,
so I have applied it to the distcc sources in the svn repository.  Thanks
heaps to all concerned!

Cheers,
  Fergus.

--
Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>

"Defend the user, exclude no one, and create magic." -- Eric Schmidt.