[distcc] distcc at Facebook

Daniel Pepper pepper at facebook.com
Thu Sep 9 17:27:47 MDT 2010

great to hear.  I’ve been using open source for years, but would like to do some contributing as well.

After digging through all the distcc logs and getting confused as to what happened when, I wrote a patch to prefix everything with a timestamp.  should I send that your way?

Also, I’ve been using distccmon-text to view what distcc processes are doing, but noticed discrepancies as compared with `pgrep distcc | wc –l`.  even after enabling DCC_PHASE_STARTUP state tracking, it still looks like there’s entries missing.  any idea what there’re up to and how to better track them?

Thanks,

-Daniel