[distcc] Good test for distcc

Victor Norman vnorman at calvin.edu
Wed Jul 14 17:17:41 MDT 2010

All,

I wonder if anyone could recommend a large piece of software that I
could compile "normally", and then with distcc (and eventually with
distcc and dmucs).  I have compiled gimp, but it isn't too big.  And,
subversion, but again, it doesn't take too long without parallelism to
build.

I have tried to compile linux-sources, but can't get it to replace cc
with 'distcc cc'.

Can anyone suggest a large piece of software that takes, perhaps, >= 1
hour to compile "normally"?

thanks.

Prof. Victor Norman
Computer Science
Calvin College
vnorman at calvin.edu
-----
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing
left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- Antoine
de Saint Exupéry