[distcc] using distcc with a perceus cluster

Pierre-Yves Langlois pierreyves.langlois at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 07:44:14 MST 2010

The standard configuration of a perceus cluster goes like this: a
master with 2 interfaces (one public and the other on a private
network for the nodes) and nodes that boot on the master with PXE
through the private network.

Q1: Suppose that the master and all nodes run a distcc deamon, will a
machine on the public network be able to use nodes for compilation?

Q2: As I understand, all machines in a distcc cluster need to use the
same version of gcc. What about header files? Do I need to sync all
STD source on all machine?

Thanks!