[distcc] Distcc with sh4-linux-gcc

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Wed Mar 31 12:39:06 MDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Wadii Guedria <wadii.gd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed distcc in two machines, I have distcc working with gcc but not
> with sh4-linux-gcc. I need sh4-linux-gcc for cross
> compilation.(sh4-linux-gcc under /opt/.../sh4/bin and installed in both
> machines)
> I made a masquerade link and exported it to the PATH, also exported
> /sh4/bin to the PATH
>
> cd /usr/lib/bin/
> mkdir distcc
> cd distcc
> ln -s /usr/bin/distcc sh4-linux-gcc
> ln -s /usr/bin/distcc sh4-linux-g++
> ln -s /usr/bin/distcc sh4-linux-c++
>
> When I launch the compilation with the compiler sh4-linux-gcc, I have this
> error
>
> (dcc_execvp) ERROR: failed to exec sh4-linux-gcc: No such file or directory

For masquerading, sh4-linux-gcc needs to be in the $PATH twice: the first
one should be the symlink to /usr/bin/distcc, and the second entry in the
path should be the real one, i.e. /opt/.../sh4/bin/sh4-linux-gcc.

If that's not the problem, please provide more information, e.g.
  - the value of your $PATH env var
  - the exact command that you invoked
  - the full output from the command
--