[distcc] Problem with zeroconf daemonization

Lennart Poettering mzqvfgpp at 0pointer.de
Mon Jan 18 07:48:48 MST 2010

On Mon, 18.01.10 01:10, Benjamin R. Haskell (distcc at benizi.com) wrote:

> If so, it seems like a pretty easy fix (to just close more fd's than 0,
> 1, and 2).  I can commit the attached patch if 1024 doesn't seem too
> magic-number-y (and I'm not spouting nonsense).

Uh, hardcoding the 1024 is not a good idea. And always looping up to
RLIMIT_NOFILE or _SC_OPEN_MAX is actually kinda slow. Looping through
/proc/self/fd/ should be the fastest way to close all those fds.

Might be an idea to simply copy this function:

http://git.0pointer.de/?p=libdaemon.git;a=blob;f=libdaemon/dfork.c;h=70fce862894ba16d66127d10547799aaa045fad4;hb=refs/heads/master#l485

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net