[distcc] random make Error 5

Paul Eipper lkraider at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:30:03 MDT 2009

Hi,

it's a mix of versions:

Ubuntu 9.04 machine, distcc package from repository:
distcc 2.18.3 i486-pc-linux-gnu (protocols 1 and 2) (default port 3632)
  built Aug  5 2008 01:26:08

CentOS 5.2 machine, distcc built from tarball:
distcc 3.0 i686-pc-linux-gnu
  (protocols 1, 2 and 3) (default port 3632)
  built Sep 27 2008 15:02:53

I didn't try updating yet. No other errors before the make one, that's
the full message.
You believe it's an incompatibility issue?

--
Paul Eipper