[distcc] traffic problems with distcc3.1 on solaris10

朱晓靖 renraxx at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 22:02:43 MDT 2009

Hello, Fergus Henderson and everyone,
I found something about the problem, when I use "gmake -j20" directly in the
shell, distcc works perfectly. However the error happens when I integrate
"gmake -j20" into my schedule script. I think I can resolve the problem on
monday. Thanks very much for your help.

by the way, when I use pump gmake -j20, it says"*Preprocessing locally.
Include server not covering: Couldn't determine default system include
directories*", I read the help, it tells " To determine the default system
header directories, the include server runs the compiler once for each
language needed during its session", But I don't know what to do, is anyone
kind to give a tip?

And another problem, I try to compile distcc on solaris8 with forte 6. but
many files failed to compile. for example src/compile.c file, at line 123,
        int delta = strlen(discrepancy_suffix) -
            strlen(include_server_port_suffix);
        int slash_pos = strlen(include_server_port)
                        - strlen(include_server_port_suffix);
        /* Because include_server_port_suffix is a suffix of
include_server_port
         * we expect to find a '/' at slash_pos in filename. */
        assert((*filename)[slash_pos] == '/');
        (void) strcpy(*filename + slash_pos, discrepancy_suffix);
        return 0;
compiler says there is a error before or after int. I'm confused, I'm a C++
developer and not familiar with special C compiler, I think it's a weak of
Forte 6. When I rewrite the code as:
       int delta = 0;
       int slash_pos =0;
       delta = strlen(discrepancy_suffix) -
            strlen(include_server_port_suffix);
        slash_pos = strlen(include_server_port)
                        - strlen(include_server_port_suffix);
        /* Because include_server_port_suffix is a suffix of
include_server_port
         * we expect to find a '/' at slash_pos in filename. */
        assert((*filename)[slash_pos] == '/');
        (void) strcpy(*filename + slash_pos, discrepancy_suffix);
        return 0;
And there are other errors about "struct stat"..... Does anyone know what
should I do? modify the code to fit the Forte 6 syntax or anything else?

Sorry to trouble again.

--
All the best,
Yours Drew