[distcc] server blocked when using distcc

Fergus Henderson fergus.henderson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 00:25:36 MDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 2:13 AM, JCX <jcx721 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your help.
>
> I use "netstat -tlp" command. The following is the result:
>
> Active Internet connections (only servers)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address      Foreign Address   State
> PID/Program name
> tcp        0      0           *:41990                 *:*
>       LISTEN      -
> tcp        0      0           *:sunrpc                *:*
>       LISTEN      5569/portmap
> tcp        0      0           localhost:ipp           *:*
>      LISTEN      13521/cupsd
> tcp        0      0           *:35323                 *:*
>       LISTEN      5584/rpc.statd
> tcp6       0      0          [::]:distcc               [::]:*
>        LISTEN      7854/distccd

I'm guessing that means that process number 7854 ("distccd") is the one
using the "distcc" port (port 3623).

That process may be running as root, or as the "distcc" user, in which case
you would need to use "sudo killall distccd" or "sudo kill 7854" to kill
it.  (Try again with "-9" if that doesn't work.)
--
Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>