[distcc] How to use distcc in a project using more than one cross-compiler?

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Wed Aug 5 01:28:08 MDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:56 AM, JCX <jcx721 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your help.
> However, I still have several questions.
>

> 2009/8/5 Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net>:
> > A few options:
> >
> > 1- Move the compiler away and put a hardlink to distcc at the hardcoded
> location
>
> This project uses three cross-compilers. So, how can I put a hardlink
> to distcc? I know to put a hardlink from one cross-compiler to distcc.

Suppose your three cross-compilers are /foo/cc1, /bar/cc2, and /baz/cc3.
Then do
     mv /foo/cc1 /foo/cc1.orig
     ln /usr/bin/distcc /foo/cc1
     mv /bar/cc2 /bar/cc2.orig
     ln /usr/bin/distcc /bar/cc2
     mv /baz/cc3 /baz/cc3.orig
     ln /usr/bin/distcc /baz/cc3

Do that only on the distcc client, not on the distcc servers.

But before trying that (masquerading), I would first try just replacing

   CC=/ABSOLUTE/COMPILER/PATH

in your config files with

   CC="distcc /ABSOLUTE/COMPILER/PATH"

and see if that works, or if it can be made to work with minor modifications
to the Makefiles.
--
Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>