[distcc] Can't compile C++ code

Crístian Viana cristiandeives at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:52:05 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use distcc to compile C++ code but I can't make it work. The
objects are compiled, but the linking process doesn't find the standard
libraries.

After looking at the logs, I found out distcc calls "cc" to compile my code,
even when it's C++. and that's the reason (I think) the linking doesn't
work. If I run "make CC=cc", it doesn't work (that's locally, no distcc
involved). So, if distcc calls "cc" behind the scenes, I think it won't work
either. Why doesn't distcc uses "cc" to C code and "c++" to C++ code (or
gcc/g++)? What can I do to make this work? I've already tried using
symlinks, appending the masquerade directory in the PATH, but I've got no
success.

Thanks for any help!

--
Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]