[distcc] Host connection seems to fail on W32 system (Cygwin)

psfblair ciriwe at phobot.net
Sat Jul 4 20:36:59 GMT 2009

Just in case someone on the Internet is hunting around for a solution to this
problem--I had a very similar one on Gentoo Linux. Here's what I did to
solve it:

1. netstat -c --inet showed me active internet connections. I could see both
on the server and on the client that requests were coming into the server
but nothing was going out.

2. I restarted distccd with the option --verbose (and --log-file) to get an
idea of what was happening on the server.

In my case, what was happening was that the command line for gcc on the
server did not match what was being requested on the client. YMMV of course.