[distcc] getting distcc to compile without localhost

Chris Robison chris at chrisrobison.org
Fri May 29 15:09:39 GMT 2009

Gentoo currently installs and uses distcc 3.1.

Portage invokes distcc itself, when "distcc" is included in the
"FEATURES" variable in /etc/make.conf (the file that configures the
process of building packages).  Since I'm not calling distcc (or make or
gcc) myself but rather it's being called by the framework, I'm curious
as to whether I can follow this advice about pump mode with Gentoo.

  --chris