[distcc] getting distcc to compile without localhost

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Fri May 29 11:17:03 GMT 2009

If your host is slow, try using pump mode;
that moves more of the work to the remote hosts.
In particular the preprocessing (cpp).
So you may get better performance with pump mode.
--
Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>

On May 29, 2009 2:21 AM, "Chris Robison" <chris at chrisrobison.org> wrote:

Actually I think I may be misinterpreting the log output.

I was noticing lots of lines like:
distcc[19451] cpp libxslt.c on localhost completed ok

...which led me to believe that some work was being done on localhost. But
then just now I noticed it's also dumping lines like:
distcc[19451] compile libxslt.c on 192.168.0.10/10 completed ok

Different line, same filename. So, I don't think I'll continue this thread
until I'm certain of what I'm seeing.  To do that I think I need to get the
monitor running correctly, but I'll start another thread for that.

Thanks,

 --chris

change options: https:/...