[distcc] getting distcc to compile without localhost

Chris Robison chris at chrisrobison.org
Fri May 29 06:20:40 GMT 2009

Actually I think I may be misinterpreting the log output.

I was noticing lots of lines like:
distcc[19451] cpp libxslt.c on localhost completed ok

...which led me to believe that some work was being done on localhost.
But then just now I noticed it's also dumping lines like:
distcc[19451] compile libxslt.c on 192.168.0.10/10 completed ok

Different line, same filename. So, I don't think I'll continue this
thread until I'm certain of what I'm seeing.  To do that I think I need
to get the monitor running correctly, but I'll start another thread for
that.

Thanks,

  --chris