[distcc] Doubt on masquerading ..

sarathy sps.sarathy at gmail.com
Fri May 1 06:41:15 GMT 2009

Hi all,
 We have quite a few development machines in our swarm, and we use the
masquerading way of compiling. From the distccd manual which states that if
we are in masquerading mode, then the distccd server has to search its PATH
for locating the real compiler. I do understand that distcc sends the
compiler name and not the complete path to the server, since the volunteers
might have the compiler installed in different locations. But, in our case,
all the compilers are installed in the same location. So, is there a way to
make distcc send the complete PATH to the remote distccd so that distccd
doesn't end up searching the PATH for the compiler.

Thanks,
Sarathy