[distcc] homogeneous environments

Robert W. Anderson anderson110 at poptop.llnl.gov
Wed Apr 29 19:20:09 GMT 2009

Fergus Henderson wrote:
>     distcc[1663] (dcc_pump_sendfile) ERROR: sendfile failed: Connection
>     reset by peer
>     distcc[1663] (dcc_writex) ERROR: failed to write: Broken pipe
>     distcc[1663] Warning: failed to distribute source.c to
>     host16,cpp,lzo, running locally instead
>

> It looks like distccd is dropping the connection?
> Have a look in the distccd log file (e.g. /var/log/syslog or
> /var/log/messages on host16); there may be more information there.

Neither of those existed so I restarted the daemon with the --log-file
option and got:

distccd[2895] (dcc_check_client) ERROR: connection from client
'192.168.120.3:55948' denied by access list

The plot thickens a bit.  I had been using the eth0 address in my
--allow option, but the address I see here is related to an InfiniBand
interconnect, according to ifconfig.  If I try allowing the address
192.168.120.3, it reports the same "denied" error.  If I use the full
address as shown with the colon suffix, I get an error "can't parse
internet address".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--