[distcc] More efficient multiple file compiles?

Benjamin R. Haskell distcc at benizi.com
Tue Apr 28 13:56:49 GMT 2009

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Tom Holly wrote:

> Here's the Makefile I'm using.
>
> [...attachment was Makefile for distcc...]

I suppose I'll still take your word for it that distcc is already
installed.  (...and I'll assume you're just compiling distcc as a test.)

That said, distcc compiles fine for me with `make -j4 CC=distcc`.
Running distccmon-text in another terminal shows several compilations
going at a time.

You still didn't specify what you meant by:

> make -j12 CC=distcc <target> is not working for me.

How is it "not working"?

Best,
Ben