[distcc] --allow won't accept domain names

Kevin Haddock kevinhaddock at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 04:55:50 GMT 2009

I and my friend have dynamic ip's and we would like to use each other's processing power to do compiles but our IP changes periodically.  Not being able to use a domain name as an argument to --allow is a PITA!  Not only that, but we are tunneling distcc thru ssh so putting --allow 0.0.0.0/32 doesn't seem the proper thing to do (even though I suppose we could block the input traffic at the firewall).  Unless someone has a better idea, either ---allow should not be mandatory or it should take a domain name as an argument, don't you think?

-Kevin

-----

Enron staff were given note pads with inspiring quotes, such as this by Martin Luther King Jr:

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter'"

-----

"One World, One Web, One Program" -- Microsoft Promotional Ad
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuehrer" -- Adolf Hitler

-----

Up next: Huge fruitcake tossing contraptions come under attack by vicious protesters.  "We love the fruitcake" one exclaims!