[distcc] Distcc and ICC

Joshua Baldock Joshua.Baldock at Optiver.com.au
Thu Apr 2 21:40:35 GMT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question regarding distcc and ICC. We have been using distcc for a while now with gcc. Our developers have just decided that they want to start using the ICC compiler and I need to get this working with our distcc setup. I understand its easily configurable, but I have read that distcc has some errors / issues with ICC. I know these warnings about ICC have been around for a while, so I would like to know if they have been addressed / fixed in recent times, and if not, what sort of issues can we expect?

Cheers,

Josh

Information contained in this communication (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged or subject to copyright. If you have received this communication in error you are not authorised to use the information in any way and Optiver requests that you notify the sender by return email, destroy all copies and delete the information from your system. Optiver does not represent, warrant or guarantee that this communication is free from computer viruses or other defects or that the integrity of this communication has been maintained. Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender. Optiver does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by this communication or its use.