[distcc] Precompiled headers support status

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Mon Mar 23 18:30:51 GMT 2009

Currently, no, distcc does not support precompiled headers.

A patch against distcc-2.18.3 which adds support for precompiled headers was
posted to the distcc mailing list.
However, there were some issues with the original patch, and merging it into
distcc 3.x is non-trivial and has not been done.
See the threads at <
http://lists.samba.org/archive/distcc/2008q2/thread.html#3646> for the
original patch and at <
http://lists.samba.org/archive/distcc/2008q2/thread.html#3639> for some
subsequent discussion.

It would be great if someone could revive this work...

Cheers,
  Fergus.

Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>