Fwd: [distcc] how to get separate compile tasks

Yanchun Wang yanchun.wng at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:02:59 GMT 2009

Hi:

     Thank for your answer.But I have another question.
"GNU make" can compile program in multithread by option "-j".
1)  If "GNU make" calls GCC when multithread compiling, does "GNU make"
know that GCC is placed by distcc?
2)  In other words, if I want to write a program like distcc, do I need to
hack "GNU make"
to make it know my program is a wrapper of GCC, and let "GNU make" to call
my wrapper
directly?
3) If "GNU make" does know  any knowledge on distcc, how does it can call
distcc and give
every thread a command line instruction?