=?GB2312?B?UmU6ILTwuLQ6IFtkaXN0Y2NdIFByb2JsZW0gYWJvdXQgRGlzdGNjIG9uIA==?= =?GB2312?B?V2luZG93cyBub3QgY3lnd2luIHRvIGNvbXBpbGUgQVJNIHByb2plY3Q=?=

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Tue Oct 7 08:08:09 GMT 2008

2008/10/7 Feng Tan <feng.tan at revoview.com>

>     Thanks Fergus Henderson.
>
> The make version is as below:
>
> GNU Make 3.81
>
> This program built for i686-pc-mingw32
>
> DISTCC_HOSTS is set as windows environment variables and every item is like
> "feng/4,cpp,lzo" .
>

> And I attached the out.txt file as your reference.

The out.txt file looks incomplete... it shows only the first half of a
couple of compilations.
We'd probably need the full log from a "make" run.

But one thing sticks out:

distcc[5680] Warning: INCLUDE_SERVER_PORT not set - did you forget to
run under 'pump'?

PS: I have tried pump mode but failed, which should not influence much

If you're not using the pump script, then distcc won't use pump mode, and
then you'll be limited by the preprocessing speed on the local machine.
If the remote machines can can compile faster than the local machine can
preprocess, that could explain why you're never getting more than about 4
concurrent jobs.  Of course there are other possible explanations too, e.g.
maybe something is broken with the locking code.

--
Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>